Eligible Countries List
Below, you can check if you are eligible for an e-Visa for Vietnam:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Timor Leste
- United States
- São Tomé and Príncipe
It is possible to enter Vietnam without a visa if you come from the countries listed below for a limited time period:
- Chile: for 90 days
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand: for 30 days
- Philippines: 21 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: for 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Germany, Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy: for 15 days
If you plan to go to Vietnam for 15 days, note that each visit must be separated by a 30-day break. For a longer stay, a Vietnam e-Visa is required, so you need to take part in the application process.
Vietnamese e-Visa Application
In order to obtain a Vietnam visa online, travelers need to check all the information on the Vietnam e-Visa official site, prepare the required documents, such as a valid passport, and grab an electronic device with an internet connection. Then, they should:
- Complete the visa application form. Fill in the blanks with the necessary details, such as name, surname, date of birth, nationality, etc. Remember to attach the documents and check the details a few times before you send them.
- Cover the service fee. To do that, you need to pick one of the available online payment methods like PayPal, credit card, debit card, etc.
- Wait for the processing and obtain your e-Visa for Vietnam via email in PDF form.
You can apply for an electronic visa for Vietnam without contacting the embassy or consulate, as the process can be done online on the website. The application process for an e-Visa for Vietnam is very unproblematic, and you can count on the support team in case of doubts.
Types of an e-Visa for Vietnam
You can apply for the following Vietnam e-Visa depending on the travel purpose:
- Tourism Vietnam e-Visa: it is a perfect choice for those who plan to visit Vietnam for relaxation, sightseeing, or visiting friends/family.
- Business Vietnam e-Visa: designed for visitors who want to go to Vietnam for negotiations, meetings, affairs, and events related to business.
- Transit Vietnam e-Visa: it is a permit that can be used while transiting through Vietnam.
What are the requirements for an online Vietnam e-Visa?
In order to apply for a Vietnam visa online on the website, you must collect all the necessary documents:
- A photo of a bio-data page from a passport (your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of issue).
- A photo of the face taken by phone or camera (the quality of the photo must be good).
What is more, it is important to have internet access, valid means of payment, and an active email address. Furthermore, you will be asked to show a paper copy of the Vietnam e-Visa and a valid passport for at least 6 months upon arrival in the country.